Time please

"Time. The word is meaningless, yet it is all that exists." - 'Einstein' in Farscape

This morning, one of my uncles wanted instruction over the phone on how to convert a corporate video in WMV format into a DVD. After explaing to him why no one in their right mind uses WMV, I let him borrow my FTP account to upload it. I'll fiddle around with various codecs and bits of freeware, and make a DVD for him.

Yesterday I picked up three second hand computer monitors. Today, my father's old monitor refused to switch on. So he's got a 'new' one twice as good, and I've got to go back to the warehouse again.

After one of my late breakfasts, I took to completed 'jobseeker' forms to the jobcentre, where I was kept waiting for 40 minutes, before being told I'd been given the wrong forms to fill out, and an appoitment to see the wrong person. After another 45 minutes or so, I had some different forms to take home.

This evening was taken up with an OU seminar in a stiflingly hot room. Possibly appropriate, as the subject was rocks and volcanos. If I hadn't done GCSE Geology all those years ago, I wouldn't have been able to follow it.

Nick didn't have time to rerecord his vocals for 'Systematic Panic', so he sent me the unprocessed vocal track from his demo version. I'll see if I have time to record some extra vocals - probably on the choruses. I may have to do that tommow morning, which is painfully close to the deadline.

On the one hand, it would be nice to have more time. On the other, it would be even better not to have to waste so much of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment