Ich Liebe Dich

I have a song. It's half in German (though maybe not grammatically correct german), and half in English. That is, each line is half and half. It took quite a lot of effort, but I'm not sure I even like the idea anymore of jumping between languages in the middle of a sentence.

Trotsky could do it in his notebooks, but he was writing dialectical analyses of substructural revolution, not wistful songs about Mein Blonde Soldatjunge. Anyway, I think of it as a sequel to Texas - seeing as they're both about love frustrated by geography.
----
Paul T is back to his cheerfully talkative self - I'm pleased he's feeling better, I just wish he wouldn't spend half an hour on the phone telling me about it.

I should be seeing the film Sideways with H tonight. His choice, my treat. I've tried, but for some reason I can't write lyrics about this particular relationship. Perhaps that's because it's very comfortable - relationships without stormy emotions don't make good songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment