According to my Death Clock I have five years to live.
I should probably hurry up and do something then.
Actually I often find myself thinking life is so banal, people so willfully stupid, and compensations so paltry...that I should just run a nice hot bath and cut my wrists.
Then I realise I'm contemplating suicide to avoid spending an hour on the phone to correct an administrative fuck-up that's delayed my wages. Again.
But I do have a blogpost prepared, just in case I decide to go through with it.
The last impulse to end it all was occasioned by an email from work last friday. It "invited" me to an "input session" where we would "workshop" "pedagogical strategies" to counter "issues" around "literacy". And another one the next day. Over the weekend.
Oh, and the invitation is compulsory.
So, I'm now going to count my blessings:
- I'm having sex tonight
- I'm in a place advanced enough that the only person who might possibly object to my having sex tonight...is his girlfriend
- Thanks to a week of packed lunches without chocolate, I'm actually losing weight
- I'm in a place advanced enough thet malnutrition isn't a problem - and obesity is
- There's a rather nice, reasonably priced tablet computer which I might get
- I have the spare cash to do so
- I have a job which is often interesting
- I have a job
- I may not have the cash for a home of my own, by I've got parents who must secretly quite like having me around - seeing as I can see no other reason for them letting me live with them
- There is zero chance that the "input session" will be useful, but it gives me several hours travelling time in which to study something interesting