Apes and Music

Fascinating article here about Aquatic Ape theory. And some links here. I've heard vaguely about it before, but never researched it. It looks like a reasonable (but partial) explanation for some quirks in human biological design - bipedalism, hairlessness, secretion of sebum and such. As I'm going out with a naturalist, a professional second opinion shouldn't be difficult to find.
-----
Page 50 of C for Beginners, and I know how to print my name on the screen.
-----
Last week my bank screwed up. I'd asked them to transfer £50 from a full account to an empty account. Not difficlt. But they managed to transfer £50 from an account with £0 into one with £1000. I pointed this out to the manager this morning, and he was full of apology. He even said HSBC wouldn't be charging me for the error - I was a bit surprised at that. I expected to have to snarl and shout and be generally unpleasant.

Now I just have to deal with the OU's financial screw up. They have mislaid my standing order to pay their fees, and have elected to charge me 'interest' for my consequent late payment.
-----
I've resumed copying cassettes into mp3 format, and in doing so rediscovered Itchy Fingers - a saxophone quartet who veer wildly between smokey ballad jazz and something resembling what The Fall would sound like if they were a brass band. With occasional voiceovers from Stanley Unwin.
-----
EDIT: My phone isn't working, Blogger won't let me change the colour scheme of my blog, someone I don't think I know has sent me a text message asking me if I'm awake yet, and speaking of which, my odd sleeping patterns have caught up with me. It's nearly 2100, and an early night seems a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment