Things

Good Things about Today
* I picked up some books on calculus and some mindless electronic dance music CDs from the library on the way back from signing on.

* The new series of House. Okay, I know it's the same forumula every week, and the characters are only slightly more complex than in Will and Grace, but I enjoy it.

The weekly forumula looks something like this:
(1) Patient enters the hospital with a severe but seemingly inexplicable condition.
(2) The team make a diagnosis during which a parenthetical remark goes unnoticed. They start treatment.
(3) The patient gets worse and/or develops new symptoms, even worse than the first ones. An unrelated case is quicbkly treated.
(4) House clashes with a figure of authority.
(5) The team run some elaborate tests, make a new diagnosis, and change treatment. The patient's condition gets worse. The unrelated case returns, and turns out to have a humourous twist.
(6) House has a heart-to-heart with the patient, discovering something life affirming, and sometimes somethings medically important.
(7) The team realise the forgotten parenthetical remark is the key to the whole mystery, and start on a third course of treatment. The patient recovers.

Bad Things about Today
* My freeview box keeps changing channel for no apparant reason. It's not the wireless network interferring, and the room isn't close enough to anyone else with a remote channel changer, so I'm stumped. And recording lots of half programs, which is moderately irksome.

* I have taken to having Radio 4 or the World Service in the background while doing things that don't require much attention. This means, after discussing George Galloway to death, I've heard him discussed to death on the radio too.

* I could do with finding my spectacles, because my eyesight is definitely getting worse.

* How did my room get back into a mess again?

No comments:

Post a Comment