Smiling Makes My Face Ache

Working on Science Fiction, Double Feature. At first I thought the song was written in A#, which is a downright peculiar key for anyone to compose in. It's:

A#
B# (=C)
C## (=D)
D#
E# (=F)
F## (=G)
G## (=A)

Then it turns out the entire album isn't tuned to concert pitch - the instruments are in tune with each other, but not with any correctly tuned instrument. Which presents problems when I jump between the recording and my version - it's like wrenching gears.

Anyway, assuming the song is in A-Major, the chords are, more or less:
Verses: A G# F# E
Choruses: D E A F#
-----
I've decided I rather like all the Mozilla software - it's close enough to the microsoft stuff to make the transition easy, but it's what the microsoft stuff should have been.

I think I'll hang on to Outlook Express for the moment though - just so I can download hotmail at the same time as other mail.

The HTML 'Composer' will be useful for the Respect site - the other two want training and I think DreamWeaver is a little complex. That's if we ever get around to training and/or design - I'm quite happy and able to do the site myself, but being collectivists, they want to work collectively. Well, fair enough.
-----
On the question of whether we, as minions of George Galloway, should vote to keep him in the Big Brother household or not, a decision has it seems been reached.

Should we try to keep him in the house to give him further exposure and the impression of public support, or prevent him making a damn fool of himself any longer? The branch leaders have met in secret closed session, and over three pints of beer decided that we should all vote to have him evicted.

Should news of our actions reach high levels, there may be 'questions asked' and even 'steps taken'. And yes, I am joking.
-----
I find, when trying to make music, there are several points when I think "This track isn't working at all" or "It was a really bad idea to take this approach".

There's a feeling that there's something fundamentally wrong with the track. Like the intonation of singing doesn't match with my voice, or the chords are horrible, or the basic sounds clash with each other. But I never know whether it's because the track isn't finished and polished, or because I've gone down a musical blind alley.

Well, if SFDF doesn't work out this time, I'll just treat this version as a demo. Something for the rareties CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment