I Love Technology

What I do have, after much installing, crashing, reinstalling, shouting and swearing, is a working digital VCR system. A computer largely dedicated to recording tv shows, encoding them to DivX, and putting the result on DVD. We'll see whether I'm still saying that tomorrow.

I also have (more or less) a makeshift recording studio, a tidy bedroom, and a backlog of things to do with the former and in the latter.

What I don't have is a working internet connection - wired or wireless. I'm borrowing one to post this. There's a couple of slightly Heath Robinson ideas I could try to get a connection back - not least is sitting with the laptop within ten feet of the WAP (Wireless Access Point) whenever I want to surf of post. Which might be construed as slightly missing the entire point of wireless networking.

No comments:

Post a Comment