Open Channel D

I did something this morning I haven't done for weeks. I went to bed before 0700, and woke up before midday. Then I did something I haven't done for years. Watched a Man from U.N.C.L.E film - The Spy in the Green Hat.

It's one of those movies I grew up with, but could never remember anything about. Great fun - cold war, high camp, low plot, high tech, James Bond spoof. Oddly, it's worn better than Get Smart.

I tried to capture it, but once again the software locked up, as I half expected it would. So from now on, all captures in MPEG2, at least until I can get more stable software. Or a mac.
-----
Nick has recorded a song for Gallow's Hill. It's fairly typical of his stuff - the lyrics are the most important part, the melody is piano led, and the whole track could do with a damn good remix.

Nick is a good songwriter who wants to be a better producer. I'm a good producer who wants to be a better songwriter. Sounds like a team to me.

It remains to be seen whether his song about a vengeful god or my song about terrorism gets the most hostile response from American's who think they're liberal.
-----
If I'm going to be self employed, I'd much rather it be as a remixer than a technician. I'll have to investigate the possibility.

However, right now it's nearly 1700, and, having got up at 0800 for the first time in a month, my eyelids are drooping and my mouth is yawning. Time for a little nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment