Recite After Me

Backing CD all done. 18 minutes exactly and 6 tracks, 2 of which I'm still a bit uncertain on the lyrics.
-----
I'm recording my various cues, lines and speeches from The Investigation so I can listen to them as mp3s while my ears and brain aren't otherwise engaged - walking to and from engagements, or just insomniac in bed.

I'm sure there are professional actors who would throw up their hands in horror at this kind of block-learning, because if you're not careful you can wind up mimicing the pitch, rhythm, intonation and pace of the recordings, instead of just memorising the words.

Reciting block-learned speech is a little like reciting the lyrics to a familliar song without singing - or slipping into the prosodics of the singer.

And speaking of which, it's also the way I'm getting the uncertain lyrics firmly inside my head.
-----
I logged onto Yahoo Messenger for the first time in months, and who should be there but Stephen P. He's the animation student who helped me out with the computer graphics for my MA project, a fellow fan of Samuel Beckett and all manner of headfuckery, and the one who said he'd get in contact about me providing the music for his final year project.

Well, the reason I didn't hear from him is that he's dropped out of university - something I've done several times myself - and has got into fighting fantasy roleplaying and creative writing. He's also interested in the gig, and has asked to meet up for a chinese meal and a chinwag on Friday. Sounds good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment