Hic

You'll have to excuse me. For the last two nights my brain has been marinaded in expensive vodka. And the night before that in disgustingly cheap vodka. And I'm just going to pour myself some more vodka.

Reggie Perrin liked Ravioli. I like vodka.
-----
Everybody seems to need me. Paul T needs me to be at his latest gig, and to nod through a two hour diatribe about how the British working class are lumpenly self-destructive without a hint of revolutionary unity. Simon M needs me to program HTML for his ebay business.

And darling Max needs me to correct 200 pages of OCRed script. He called this evening to say, "Thanks for the work you've done so far, now can you get it completed by early tomorrow morning, okay?". If it were just for him, I'd consider telling him to go fuck his self rightous self. But as 25 actors - inluding myself - depend on my efforts, I'm doing it.

If I charged half the going rate for these services, I'd be quite well off. But if I charged half the going rate, I wouldn't be asked to do them, and they'd never get done, and some worthwhile events would not happen.
-----
Kamakura played a 2 hour gig tonight - I'm hoping it came out well.

I've got a kamakura song planned for my own gig on the 2nd - Fear is Free, done as a baritone Allison Goldfrapp. My 20 minute set at present looks like:

The Puppet's Dream - rapping about drugs, probably over not much more than a cutup beat.
Nothing Less than Everything - maybe an acid goth version of my one songfight win.
Fear is Free - FM synthesised chunky guitars and antireligious lyrics.
Riverrun (Part 2) - Hiphouse.
Friend - I somehow feel there's a trancy anthem inside the rough demo.

They'll all need new backings composed and recorded. First though, vocals for EP to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment