Hey Kids, Just Say No

Three mixdowns complete of backing tracks for the gig, one almost done, and...one I haven't even started composing yet.

Featuring samples from Jason King, House MD, a biopic of Kenneth Tynan and a government information film from the 30s on the dangers of marijuana. Apparantly in weeks it destroys the body, corrupts the morals, and leads to death.

I'm still trying to find a way to record the gig. I don't have any equipment that is both portable and gives decent sound quality. Organiser and soundman Sion R has lots of suitable black boxes, but isn't easy to contact.
-----
I tried to compose an email to H, but suddenly realised there's nothing I want to say to him. I'm still making music, which he never found terribly interesting, though he was a great music lover. I'm still involved in politics, which he tolerated as an eccentricity, though he was once in the green movement. I'm in a stage play, which wouldn't be his scene, though he was a theatre goer.

Our friendship, veering as it sometimes did towards a relationship neither of us could handle, was based on a shared lonliness, and a lot of good natured arguments about science. And that way of relating to someone can't be done if you're not in the same room.
-----
People who have stumbled upon my blog recently:

Aziz works for Oxfam and has a new camera.

Jac also has a camera, and a sense of spirituality.

Poems in Italian about paintings.

American political commentary, not so much from the left or right, but from "a pox on both their houses".

A boy looking for girls in Japan.

I can read just enough Portugese to know this is thoughful blog about the nurture/nature debate. But I can't read enough to know what he's saying about it.

A sleepy town in Kansas.

An Australian poet. Example haiku:

Itching nose demands
scratching with the proper hand.
Nothing satisfies.


Graphic design, in French from Switzerland.

No comments:

Post a Comment