...Oh Bugger

Or possibly Bah Humblog.

I don't want to think about all the calories we've consumed over the last three days. Chocolates, cheese, chocolates, christmas cake, chocolates and christmas dinner. Interspeced with mince pies and cream. And chocolates.

My brother and his girlfriend Debbie are visiting tomorrow, and their capacity for rich food is even greater than ours.

However, after boxing day it's back on the metaphorical and literal treadmill, for me at least. Soft belly, hard arteries, fat eating and thin breathing are not things I want to carry with me for the next 20 years to a death at 53.
-----
My camcorder was good value at UKP650 in 2000, with Hi-8 recording at 320x240, double that resolution for stills, and a rechargable battery that lasts 6 hours. But now the remote control doesn't work, the battery cuts out at odd moments, and the still resolution is less than the lowest setting on a UKP50 camera. The operation now seems clunky, slow, and inflexible. Pictures now look grainy and noisy.

So I've fallen prey to impulse, and spent UKP40 on ebay, on a camera/camcorder with still resolution up to 2048x1536 and truely digital storage instead of Hi-8 tape.

The thing is, I didn't absolutely need to buy it yet - the old one is still more-or-less adaquate, and I've spent rather a lot already recently.

Money doesn't just burn a hole in my pocket, it burns its way out of my paypal account too. Maybe it shouldn't be so easy to spend money.
-----
The long awaited Dr Who special "The Christmas Invasion" was something of a disappointment. It wasn't especially bad, just painfully generic, as well as overacted by the new lead. With the usual smattering of 'broad' humour and pseudo-thoughtful soliloquey.

The episode seemed to serve as an introduction to the spinoff series "Torchwood" (anagram of "Doctor Who") which is supposedly darker and more adult.
-----
6 days till 2006, about three weeks till the expected unpleasantness of the SWP party conference (and my 34th birthday), about 6 week till my father's 70th birthday, 9 months till I (maybe) have to move out of this town, and 365 days till it's boxing day again. And 8 hours till I have to deal with any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment