Ich Habe Neue Brillen

I have new spectacles. The concensus is they make me look like an evil mastermind - and probably german.

However, I can now see things clearly. In fact, I hadn't realised how blurred my vision had become. I can now read clocks across rooms, read posters without peering, and gape at cute students on the other side of the road. So I'm quite enjoying my eyes right now.

Of course, whereas I used to get sprains misjudging distances because I couldn't see the ground, I now do it because everything seems nearer :-).
-----
Apart from that, today was a day for starting to do stuff, then deciding not to finish.

The search for cheap mobile phone handsets ended (as I knew it would) with the discovery that all those in secondhand shop windows either:
(a) are overpriced and/or
(b) aren't compatable with the simcard and/or
(c) are of doubtful reliability

When the cheapest is UKP10 less than a new complete package, and is only needed for a month anyway, and there's still my old ringless phone which texts just fine...then it makes sense to make do with that.

In the evening, it would have taken at least 2 hours to reinstall an uncorrupted OS and software on Nobby, and the room was perishingly cold, so we sat in the warm and watched 30 year old TV shows instead. While consuming enough sweet calories to feed Rwanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment