Good Day at the Office, Dear?

I did not especially need most of today.

After the nasty, sniping tone of the pre-conference aggregate last night - which will only be magnified at the conference itself in January - I was looking forward to making some music today.

But that was interrupted by the jobcentre interview spent discovering there are precisely zero new jobs I can do since two weeks ago. Then the slightly panicked phone call from Max - on this occasion not about his computer, but about how he needs a DVD player (and someone who knows which buttons to push) to show a documentary to his theatre company tonight. The fact that I couldn't walk to the DVD showing because my ankle is still too painful. The hurried arrangement to taxi there with Simon M and the fact that he decided at the last minute he was too exhausted. The content of the documentary on the holocaust - by turns bizarre, horrifying, and depressing. And that three people out of the thirty invited turned up to watch it.

Oh yes, Paul T called while I was out and left a message saying he'd be at my house later, but not saying why. Turns out the old phone he'd been given to replace the knackered one I'd given him...wasn't working. But that my knackered one now works sometimes, but with quiet reception and no ringing. So he wants me to guide him around second hand shops tomorrow to find a new handset - which I suspect is a doomed idea, but he can't afford a new one. Gah!

And Simon M needs Nobby fixing properly tomorrow evening. He can't afford new technology either. So not only were my plans for today buggered up, but tomorrow is now fully booked with making cheap technojunk work for broke technophobes.

My glasses are ready to be picked up, but my CD of drums hasn't arrived from the company that prides itself on next-day delivery.

The plumbing in the bathroom has gone wrong, I have caught another cold, and Dino has food poisoning.

2 comments:

  1. Yes. There, there. A bad day. BUT, and take it from me as I had a bad day too, the upside is we're still breathing. Life is marginally better than the alternative. So, erm... Cheer up.
    Commiserations to Dino.

    ReplyDelete