Today's the Day


Remember how, a few weeks ago, I finally got through to the bureucrats to ask where my jobseeker's allowance had got to? And how the holdup had been a piece of especially pointless paperwork they (a) hadn't told me about and (b) hadn't sent me? And how they said with true sincerity that it had just been sent to me that very day?

Well now after two weeks I finally get through again, to ask them what's happened to this mysterious form that I filled out. And they tell me with true sincerity that everything has just been sorted out this very day. What a remarkable coincidence.

2 comments:

  1. So, no deportation/free vacation to sunny Spain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would appear not. But from what I hear about Spain, they're happy to pay the equivalent of £200 on a shirt, and £5 on an English teacher.

    ReplyDelete