The twin's first song

It's 03:30, and I have a song. More or less. It will undoubtedly go through some more changes, and some lines are really filler, but these are the lyrics as they stand:

'HAVE YOU EVER'

VERSE 1:
On a train
In the night
Travel to
To the one
One who says
Says they need
Need a friend
But really want to say they love
Me

CHORUS 1:
Have you ever said goodbye
And found that your eyes couldn't cry?
Have you ever knocked on the door
Of someone you don't
You don't love anymore?

VERSE 2:
On a train
Going home
Want to sleep
To forget
When I tried
To explain
All he said
I never want to see you
Again

CHORUS 2:
Have you ever said goodbye
And found that your eyes couldn't cry?
Have you ever put down in song
After the feeling
After the feeling has gone?

VERSE 3:
Standing still
In the cold
Feeling calm
Feeling strange
Thinking back
Didn't fight
Didn't shout
Feel like finding a lover for the
Night

CHORUS 1
CHORUS 2

This song grew out of the one which was 'too personal'. It's obviously inspired by M, and still based on notes I made at the time. Tomorrow, I'll (hopefully) come up with a basic backing, and record a demo version.

Provided that is, that I'm awake. Right now, I don't feel like sleeping, though I ought to. I'm going to get a drink, watch a DivX, and probably come back upstairs to bed within 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment