18:57 Wednesday 29th August 2018

Recognise the difference between "I want to go home" and "I don't want to be here anymore".

Two weeks and three days to go, by current plans - always revisable. And after I've got home, had a little hug from mother, eaten a bacon sandwich, unpacked the laptop and had a doze...I'm absolutely no idea what happens next.

Oh, there's lots of small things to do, and one or two big things. Some cables and USB things to get from ebay, a load of stories to record and upload to youtube, a few friends to catch up with, some three-month delayed sex to have, a diet to continue, an upgrade computer to research, and some entirely pointless bureaucratic meetings to attend.

I could continue trying to be self-employed, searching for clients which don't exist. Or look for jobs working for other people - which also don't exist. Maybe find another school in another foreign country - which do exist but which mostly can't be trusted.

That's the trouble with "one day at a time" - too many days and not enough time.

1 comment:

  1. Whatever happens, go with your gut feelings instinct. I make better choices when I listen to my intuition. Good luck with your next endeavor!

    Enjoy your last days in Turkey!

    ReplyDelete