Ill-K

Oh happy day, I've lost another 7 lbs. Though as a fast-track diet, gastroenteritis wouldn't be my first choice.

Oh yes, it seems I'm a textbook case of viral gastroenteritis. And...I've given it to my parents too. Mother is following the same trajectory as me (which typically lasts up to 10 days), but two days behind. Father, who at 70 is strong as an ox just like the rest of his side of the family, shook the worst of it off in 12 hours.

We're all dizzy and tired all the time, and none of us are eating solid food, aside from occasional digestive biscuits and (when the mood for adventure strikes) a small bowl of Special K. We're past the worst of it, now there's just the long process of coasting back to normal.

CW is fine, and I don't seem to have infected anyone else. I'm sure dogs can get gastroenteritis, but seemingly not from humans. All they know is, they get to spend a lot more time curled up on the ends of our beds, which is just fine by them.


Jon S got in contact by email. Donna and Dunkan had been old friends but they'd lost contact. I gave him their number. It's possible the next time I see Jon will be Dunkan's funeral.


I'm probably as bored with my limited life right now as you are with reading about it. I can't walk out the front door because I'm too weak and can't talk to anyone outside because I might infect them. I can't make music because I'm too fuzzy headed, and there's only so many recordings of Waking the Dead my addled brain will sit through.

1 comment:

  1. You'll be okay soon, I'm sure! Just lean a bit more to the comic side of life and you'll be there in less than a minute... Forget the tragic side for a second. I'm sure you can do it...

    ReplyDelete