Where did all the times go?

Transferring my cassetes to mp3 is proceeding. I'm about to copy New Order's Substance 1987 collection. I remember buying it, on the strength of the single True Faith. That was 17 years ago.

17 years is 884 weeks, or 6188 days, or 148,512 hours. These numbers are meaninglessly large. How can anything that happend so long ago still be part of me? How can I have lost six thousand days? I must have been 15 or 16, but I can't imagine being that age.

That's how I feel today. Last night I spent 2 hours on IRC with Nick - which itself seems a long time. I who usually have such difficulty finding things to say to people, and who fade into the background in groups, chatted easily for two whole hours about nothing very profound, and enjoyed it.

He likes Does She a lot, and is going to try to write a song for us in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment