The One Day of Christmas


"Sir, I protest! I am not a merry man!"
- Worf, Star Trek: The Next Generation

This year I got exactly one text message wishing me a merry christmas. It read "Happy Christmas. Your vid gave me a stiffy". I think I'll have it framed.

Most of the assorted great aunts and uncles, Nth cousins and their offspring - the ones who made childhood christmas so tense and unpleasant - are now thankfully dead, estranged, in homes or in, er, Canada.

Even my brother decided he'd rather spend the season with colleagues rather than family, which is fine. So it's just two retired parents, three parrots, five dogs, an indeterminate number of mice, several tones of accumulated junk and one currently unemployed and penniless teacher - spending most of the time in separate rooms. Finally, a family christmas we can actually enjoy.

I was going to do a twelve-days-of-christmas type list, but most of them are ones. So here goes:


Here are twelve things of christmas that came to old Kapp-y...

One night on youtube
Far too much chocolate
One book of science
Crap Doc Who Special
One drunken phonecall
Old films on TV
One mislaid wallet
Cold in the nose....
One family noshup
Big indigestion
Refrozen snow
And a txt msg about a stiffy



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas.

    And there is no such thing as too much chocolate!

    ReplyDelete