Chicken Tonight

I'm playing a gig tonight, supporting the Strict Machines. I've got the backing tracks processed and laid down on CD, lyric sheets, and all the hardware and cables I'm likely to need. The only thing lacking is my voice - I've just practiced, and my singing is abysmal.

I don't know whether I can give a good performance tonight. It's the first time a lot of people I know are going to hear me sing, and I've a horrible feeling I'm going to mess it up. Still, given the organisation of the Strict Machines, and the fact that there were supposed to be two other bands, and the misunderstandings over publicity, and the small detail that we don't yet know the exact electrical layout of the venue, maybe any mistakes I make won't be so glaring.

What's the worst that can happen? I make an utter tit of myself in front of people I respect, plus a lot of strangers. Oh well, I'll let you know how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment