Aaah


"If suffering brought wisdom, the dentist’s office would be full of luminous ideas."
- Mason Cooley

"For there was never yet philosopher
That could endure the toothache patiently."
- William Shakespeare

“A physician buries his mistakes, a dentist pulls them out, but a teacher has to live with them”
- Unknown

I'm not afraid of dentists, but dental work is a lot of hassle. Most people need just one injection to get numb - I need three, or sometimes more. I have a small mouth, which some people have found advantageous, but which makes it difficult to fit dental equipment (plus dentist fingers) in there.

So today, lots of injecting, scraping, drilling and filling one of Kapitano's molars. Three hours later the anaesthetic wore off...

...and the filling fell out.

I now have a back tooth a bit like one of those medieval castle sites. The ones tourists spend half an hour walking around before spending the rest of the day in the cafe and souvenir shop. Nice strong walls, nothing inside.

It looks like I'm going to spend my birthday getting a tooth pulled. Oh yes, the 17th is my birthday - I shall be 36.

Happy Birthday to me
Now a bit less tooth-y
Painful so been
Eating codine
Dental Birthday for me


4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Kapi!

    Birthday pressie for you on my blog, under the gay whore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your rather inept dentist. :(

    Here's hoping you have a tremendously Happy Birthday, mon ami!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MJ: Best present ever, to be under MJ's gay whore. And to be called sexier than Hugh Laurie too!

    Camy: Thanks, it was a good day.

    Eating and drinking too much, watching videos of adorably crap TV (namely Torchwood) with friends...with the promise of outdoor sex at the end of it, and a free meal in the morning.

    PS. I'm pissed writing this, so it may not make great sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The part about outdoor sex makes sense.

    But it will require some elaboration.

    ReplyDelete