So, Tell Me about Yourself


"People that are really weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history."
- Dan Quale


It's 0730 and I'm spending the morning house-sitting - waiting for a man in overalls to come and read the meter. I've seen a few videos with this as the basic plot, so if he has a moustache and a swaggering walk, I'll know what to expect.

This afternoon, the interview I've spent the last week worrying about.

I didn't manage to sleep ovewrnight, got up 0600, had a calm, leasurely breakfast, and then spent a frantic half hour searching for phone, train ticket and a clean shirt. Which got pooped on by a passing bird as soon as I stepped outside. Good thing I don't believe in jinxes.

Anyway, wish me luck everyone. By the time I'm next in front of a computer, I'll know what I'm doing - or not doing - with the rest of my life.

2 comments: