Wet Wet Wet

New fast Windows XP installation, with programs, plugins and data in neat sensibly placed folders and drives. I wonder how long all that will last.

Here's the vague plan: Instead of trying to use Sonar and Nuendo (and a few dozen complex plugins) to compose entire songs while learning how to use them, compose songs on software I'm familliar with, but use the new stuff to make loops and "special" sounds.

In 21 years of messing around with music technology, apart from a few early experiments with loops of tape, I've never used prefabricated loops. But if it's me doing the prefabricating - I'll give it a go.


The British weather looks to be finally making it's transition from hot and moist to cold and wet. Of course, it has been unusually hot (25-30 deg C) and unusually moist (80-90%), and we've had a series of brief thunderstorms over the last 36 hours - so just how cold and how humid and/or rainy it's going to be I've no idea.


Remember a book called The Bible Code? "Prophecies" produced by applying skip codes to biblical passages in Hebrew - pseudo-crytological junk but quite fun. I think I recall the prediction that a war would explode in the Middle East. In mid-1996. Leading to the end of the world.

Israel preparing for a land war in Lebanon, and America barely holding down two impossible occupations and preparing for a major terrorist war with Iran - partly to ensure the burgeoning Chinese/Russian bloc don't get the oil they need to become an empire. Hmmm.


On the bright side, FilmFour - the UK's best cable film channel - is now free. So I can steal samples from hundreds more movies, and put them in my music. At least, I can put them in music when the computer which makes the music isn't occupied with capturing films. Er.




Not as nice as Anton, but I like it.

5 comments:

  1. Prefabs are fabulous - and did you mock up that 7"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Click on the link below the record. Takes you to a site which...prefabs records for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm such a fool! You just know that Dannii and I are going to release a single now, don't you!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm caught between offering my services as producer, and a desire to strangle that Minogue woman.

    Career advancement or service to humanity. The eternal dilemma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll sack Sophie and get you on-board instead. Is that ok? And shall I lose Minogue?

    ReplyDelete