The Entertainer

Craig C lent me a USB memory stick. I was so impressed I went out and bought two. Actually one is for mother - she was impressed too, and will reimburse me when she has cash (UKP30 each).

It functions just like a miniature portable hard disk, except that it's about the size of a AA battery, doesn't need an external power supply, and doesn't take 30 seconds to start up.

Already it's saved me much fiddling about with recalcitrant wireless networks and CDR burning just to get files from the laptop onto the tower next to it.
-----
The files in question are 6 Reason songs and assorted WAV samples of pithy film dialogue. Together the songs only come to a 15 minute set - 20 would be better, but I can't think of any others that I really want to sing - except those I already did at the LMHR gig. Here's the listing so far:

1) Science Fiction, Double Feature - the opening song to The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and an excuse for cliched flying saucer sound effects.

2) Heretic - one of my earliest raps, about biblical stories, set to a triphop beat on sampled indian percussion.

3) 12 Monsters - my first SongFight entry, Goodbye Monster, sung to the backing of my first SongFight collaboration, 12 Monkeys.

4) Nacht und Traume - a rap I wrote for a SongFight "Album-a-day" contest under the title All White in the Whiteness. A stream of rhyming references to Samuel Beckett plays and novels, techno-dub hybrid style.

5) Under the Wagon - more SongFightary, and a techno version of an acapella original. The backing is remixed from the SongFight UK event.

6) Birthday Rocks - a rather silly song that will only ever be performed once, for two reasons. First, it marks a birthday and party that won't recurr unless the laws of temporal causality break down. Second, it's too rubbish to sing twice. Here's the lyrics:

Birthday Rocks

Verse 1:
Party in the garden, people having fun
I wrote this for you, 'cos you're now 21
You fight for the future, and live for today
You got the world's greatest daughter
And a cute stoner bro, I wanna sleep with him, but he's not
Gay

Chorus:
Happy happy birthday, happy happy birthday
Happy anniversary from family and friends and me
Happy birthday Roxanne, happy birthday Roxanne
Dancing drinking all you can, watch you take it like a man

Verse 2:
Going on till midnight, continue back at yours
Hangover tomorrow, crawl out of bed on all fours
We are all devo, all the boys and girls
Start a revolution
Love music hate war, get up and reclaim your
World

Chorus x2

End:
Happy happy birthday
Happy anniversary
Happy birthday Roxanne
Signed yours truely, devoted fan

EDIT: It turns out it's her twenty second birthday. Bugger.
-----
The Infomaniac is a blogger providing a veritable smorgasbord and gallimaufrey of light news. If it's silly, quirky, and unashamedly trivial, this fellow will cover it. Recently he's been taking requests for pictures of themed totty - sexy men and women from football, television, films and all over the place. But mostly football.

I put in a request for boybands - I was thinking "Boyzone", "E17", "Peter Bloody Andre". Haidukii the Romanian boyband or Will Young the serious musician. Even Duran Duran or Bros. What The Infomaniac found for me was...new and unexpected.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Infomaniac. Guess what? I'm not a bloke! However I do admit to being "silly, quirky, and unashamedly trivial."

    Enjoying your blog, by the way. And cheers for mentioning Infomaniac. All totty requests considered, footballers or otherwise.
    MJ

    ReplyDelete