Romeo is Bleeding

I had sex tonight. Which was nice. Until I started to drip blood. Then the other fellow freaked out.

It seems the process of razor-assisted genital beautification (aka ballshaving) had left a cut, which probably formed a small scab, which broke when blood pumped more energetically.

A pity, because he was a nice man, and obviously enjoying himself up to that point. Ah well, he was good enough to drive me home, and suggest we try again when I'm "healed".
-----
Two years ago, after getting into SongFight and songwriting, I set up an account at Cnet's music hosting service, as a place to store my musical efforts.

This is the same Cnet who bought up the very useful TV Tome site, turning it into the almost unusable tv.com. So I quickly changed my mind, but found I couldn't delete the account.

To remove myself from Cnet, I have to write an email to their technical support asking them to do it. Which I've done several times without result.

I'd had a similer experience at another mp3 hosting service, IUMA, which also didn't allow artists to delete their own pages. They also stopped answering user questions when they got taken over by Vitaminic - the same company that took over and progressively destroyed mp3.com.

As I recall, they acted surprised and hurt when their users deserted them after after they installed a raft of new policies. Stuff like closing down all their european servers, vetting songs for "offensive content" (and taking weeks to do so), sticking popup ads everywhere, limiting the songs hosted per artist to three unless they paid through the nose for the "gold" service, and effectively making the artists lose money on their own CD sales.

Incidentally, guess which company bought mp3.com when it went bankrupt, turning it into a portal for buying CDs from already successful commercial artists. It was Cnet.

Judging from their "under construction" site though, Vitaminic is in trouble. Good.

I haven't checked recently, but the only good mp3 hosting service left is probably Soundclick. It doesn't matter so much now, because it's a lot easier for artists to make their own websites. But for the same reason, the online music community is more fragmented.

2 comments:

  1. ...the process of razor-assisted genital beautification...

    Are you insane? I mean, for sure the concept might seem 'nice', but it's the RAZOR bit that that would worry me. Especially in that particular area.
    You could try using chocolate cake as a salve ;)
    Hahahahahahaha. Guffaw.
    Walks off chortling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mutter grumble no sympathy mutter.

    It was a safety razor.

    Mmmm. Chocolate. Thoughts of which I am manfully resisting. So there.

    ReplyDelete