I Meant to Remember

There's an old joke about a man who buys a book called "How to Improve Your Memory" and puts it on his bookshelf next to a still unread copy of "How to Improve Your Memory".

Well, I am completely unable to find the "World Drums" sample CD or the mp3 player I bought from ebay a few months ago, so I've just bought another 2 sample CDs and another mp3 player. The originals are probably at the bottom of a cardboard box somewhere - a box full of things I put in a safe sensible place one day and therefore lost.

UKP29 in total, which isn't a bad deal. There's no end of stuff waiting to be flogged off to top up the paypal account - most of it sitting in, erm, cardboard boxes.
----
I haven't had to cook a meal for 4 days now. There's enough people wanting my computer skills, my listening ear and my eccentric but harmless company keep me fully fed. "Will work for food" indeed.

One small irony is that my own net connection keeps failing and there's been no time to fix it.
-----
Still sniffing and snuffling with the kind of cold that doesn't keep you from doing things - it just keeps you from doing them well. Love and viral infections make you muddle headed and moody. If you're lucky they confine you to bed too ;-). But while love may or may not be infectious, it generally doesn't give you a voice like Orson Welles.

1 comment:

  1. Here's a strange coincidence or morphic resonsance if you will.

    I have, for the last month been racking my brain with lyrical problems with my song 'I meant to remember' and suddenly: voila! Here's a Kap blog of the same name... written it seems just as you're about to change your name to Orson.
    Odd? Cool? Or what?

    ReplyDelete