Knock Knock


I did a seance once. It was at school, after lunch at one in the afternoon - in the 'Special Needs Department'. I never quite figured out why everyone wanted to spend lunchtime in 'Special Needs' aka 'Remedial', but the Lego bricks and ghetto blaster might have something to do with it.

The reasoning of the other boys was that the dead would be best summoned by someone who didn't believe in an afterlife. Yes, that's what I thought.
But it did involve holding hands with two other boys as we linked around the table, so I did my best.

Evidently the dead weren't impressed by my efforts at tearing the veil or putting on a floaty, distant voice. Perhaps I should have tried impersonating someone's grandmother?

Anyway, Walter De La Mare has a better seance story.



No comments:

Post a Comment