His Captain's Voice


I'm trying a little experiment on youtube, and we'll see how far it goes.

The BBC make much of their content available to stream or download for seven days after broadcast. And did you know that if you were to setup your computer to download all the radio drama, comedy, documentaries and readings - but not music and news programmes - for a year, it'd take about 200GB? I know this because that's what I've been doing.

In a few decades time I will most likely be sitting in a cold, unpleasant room with nothing to do and no money - but hopefully with an electricity supply, some kind of computer and a device for playing AAC files into my ears. And if anything drives me insane I'm determined it won't be boredom.

Radio is the traditional companion of the elderly and the bankrupt, so while I've got no money to save up, I can at least save up some company. But in the meantime, why not share some of it around?

This week, starting with some enjoyably kitsch Sci-fi....















1 comment:

  1. As I often sit in a cold room with nothing to do and little money, I am delighted to have Torchwood keep me company. :-)

    Not to brag, but I got to meet Ianto and Rhys last year. Unfortunatley, a mass of screaming fangirls turned out as well. Ugh. For the record, I have never squeed in my life.

    ReplyDelete