Oh, My Word


NaBloPoMo is National Blog Posting Month. The idea is simply to pick a topic, and make a blogpost once a day or more - on their site and/or your own - on that subject. The 'main event' is in November each year, but it runs every month.

They give you an optional theme for each month, and this March it's "In a Word". I don't have a single word to describe why I got the impulse to participate, but I've had trouble finding anything to blog about lately, and I've had zero success in putting together any music. So NaBloPoMo seemed a good opportunity to push myself in both.

My month-blog is here, and I'll mirror the posts here, together with any actual music I manage to come up with.

So far, after the first day I can report I've come up with a dozen dull rhyming couplets and some generic beats. So right now the word is: Uninspired.

3 comments:

  1. I take it FAWM wasn't a success this year? I'm presently doing NaNoEdMo, which is to say editing my NaNoWriMo effort. It's not going well, either.
    ---
    Capcha: inglatia - which sounds esperanto-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAWM was a dismal failure. Not one song completed, and far too many unavoidable distractions suddenly appearing.

    NaNoEdMo? If you want a quick and dirty prooreader's opinion...well, I'm a quick and dirty proofreader.

    (The Captcha may be trying to tell us something. It's: ruingit. So either I'm the Ruin Git, or you're Rueing It.)

    Inglatia - would mean "Land of the Glass Women", which ain't a bad title for a NaNoWriMo novel. :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I may I'll take you up on your 'dirty proofreading', but that comes after the editing ... which is what I is doing now, see? :P

    sorry to hear your FAWM didn't happen. You've written good stuff in the past and I was looking forward to more. Ah well, ain't life a beach?

    ---
    captcha: dinesin - 'do you see' in a strange Gaelic-ish accent.

    ReplyDelete