Not Happy, Not Clappy


After a fortnight of feeling more rubbish than usual, a week of painful peeing, two hours in a hospital waiting room, and half an hour of tests, I now know two things.

The good news: I almost certainly do not have a venereal disease.
The bad news: I almost do certainly have diabetes - and may have had it for years.

Okay, not all the tests are back yet, but it fits. Age, family history on both sides, weird patterns of lethargy and hunger, results of the urine-sugar test and the, uh, opportunistic infection which is currently smothered in anti-fungal cream.

I'll know more in a few days, but it looks like my attempts at a sensible, healthy diet are set to become a little more urgent.

Oh, and if you see me turning into one of those bloggers who write about their own health problems for the pleasure of people with the same condition, tell me, so I can shoot myself instead.

5 comments:

  1. No more cake for YOU.

    Maybe you’d like to hear about my cramps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake Is Life!

    And, I'm reliably informed, cramps are death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about this, Kapitano. Hope you're doing ok, in every sense of doing ok. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can have diabetes and eat your cake too. You just can't eat as much cake as you would like ... which sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck and good health to you!

    Whatever happens, it's what you do with your life that really matters. So keep living it to the fullest, by doing the things that you love and trying those things that you've always dreamed about or are curious about.

    ReplyDelete