NaBloPoMo: Intro


"I wanna be a rock star" - Nickelback


When I was a child, I thought I wanted to be a pop star. Then I thought about it, and realised I wanted to be a musician, which is completely different.

Then I thought about it some more, and realised I didn't want to play a musical instrument - I wanted to be a composer. Then I thought about it some more, and decided I wanted to mess around with anything which made a noise, turn it into a different noise, and record the result.

So I suppose what I really wanted to be...was Brian Eno.

Or Alvin Lucier, Arnold Schoenberg, Luigi Russolo, John Cage, Delia Derbyshire, Robert Moog, Ralf Hütter and Trevor Horn. Or Alex Patterson.

But then I turned twenty-something, life got in the way, and I haven't done much music since. I spent a while waiting for life to stop getting in the way, but now that I'm in my late thirtysomethings, that strategy doesn't look like it's going to start working any time soom.

Patience may be a virtue, but I'm not feeling very virtuous anymore. So I'm going to record an EP over March, or at least try, and blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment