Back to the Future


I've had a webspace for two years.

I just...haven't had anything to put on it. Well, I still don't have anything to put on it, but I've got a great design for when I do. It takes a lot of clever programming to recreate the look of a terminal from 1981. That's not text you're looking at, it's a lot of specially blurred letter-graphics.



Kapitano's website: More retro than anything you'd come up with, guaranteed.


Update: Bugger.

On the one hand, I've been extremely clever in figuring out how to use JavaScript to convert strings of characters to strings of processed images to create retro, blurry text in primary colours.

And on the other hand, there's a one-line CSS trick to do the same thing - that takes three seconds instead of the entire weekend spent doing it. Gah!

No comments:

Post a Comment