Pooch Doggy Dog

I said I'd show you my dogs - or rather, my parent's dogs, but they bark when I get home. Well, by the miracle of bad lighting, shaky handheld camera work and dogs that didn't want to be photographed, here they are.

Beginning with Harry, a six month-old Maltese, who today won first prize in an agility show and is now qualified to be at Crufts. Exactly how he won an agility prize I'm not sure, because most of the time he looks like this:

Not so much a dog as a white furry puddle. He'll impersonate a rug - lying down flat, spread and immobile - at any opportunity. I've almost trodden on him several times, and sometimes it's only the little clues which tell you which end is which.

Moving on we have Perry, a three-and-a-half year old Papillion, the first of three. Perry's easy to get in shot because. whenever anyone's paying any attention to the other dogs, he leaps in and demands equal attention. Here he is posing nonchalantly...

...and here he is posing even more nonchalantly.

Dino shares a grandfather with Perry, but is slightly larger, slightly older, slightly browner, and definitely fluffier. He also has the attention span of a fruit fly on cocaine, and only stood in one place long enough for one picture.

And finally, Sadie. Another brown and white papillion but with two important differences. First, she's barely three months old. Second, she's very timid. And third, she's a lady. Alright, three differences.


The idea is that when she and the two "studs" (ha!) are old enough, we can breed more papillions. And sell them to good homes, eusuring not only there's more cuteness in the world, but that my parents have a busy retirement.

We've got the dog bath, special dog hair dryer, dog food supplements and stacks of books already. The fridge is now divided into "human food" and "doggy treats". And whenever anyone sits or lies down, there's always a dog in the vicinity to jump up and curl up on them.

On Monday I tried to pay in three paychecks from work. Today the bank tells me they've bounced. This is the second time this has happened in as many months.

They've offered me another few (six-ish) weeks working part time. If they sort out the money trouble, I'm taking it.

It's a pity I missed National Take Your Dog to Work Day

4 comments:

  1. Hey there, Kapitano!

    Thanks for making the first comment on my blog. Hopefully, it will be a place where I can really voice what I am thinking and feeling.

    I found it humorous that while I was considering putting up a slide show of pics supporting gay rights 'n such, that a gay man would leave the first comment on my blog.

    I am a lesbian living in America. I am sure if you continue to read my blog, you will find my story interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Maltese looks like a Swiffer.

    Did any of those diet books work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. the attention span of a fruit fly on cocaine - Hahahaha!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. NMSS: I'm reading. It's intrigung. If my life is written is written by a burned-out sitcom scriptwriter, maybe yours is written by Armistad Maupin

    MJ: Our new masterplan to get rich is to combine dog-walking and street-sweeping.


    Camy: Personally I have the attention span of a slug on barbituates.

    ReplyDelete