Raining, Cats and Dogs


I got taken to see the house today. That's the house bought a year ago by my boss and since unoccupied. Well, officially unoccupied. Judging by the way one room is full of empty beer bottles, I'd say someone has been there.

I was led to expect a rather large place. It does indeed have two large rooms, plus a toilet, a basement and attic. There's no electricity or gas, it's built on subsiding land, and it's thirteen kilometers from the school, surrounded by derelict factories.

It would cost at least 20,000 leva to renovate...or alternatively around 20,000 leva to knock down and rebuild. Either would take two or three months.

It would cost me 2.5 leva for one of the (unreliable) bus services to or from there - which adds up to 200 leva per month. And the last bus is at 5pm, so I couldn't do evening courses.

Please explain to me why I should live in this place?

Lights have now been installed in the classroom.

There doesn't appear to be a light switch. To turn them off I cut power to the whole building. I'm sure this is just a temporary oversight.

Bulgaria doesn't have a rainy season as such. It has a cold, windy, damp season, which we are now entering two months late.

Very British weather. Except Britain's been having very un-British miniature tornados recently.

As this website shows, cats are not so much pets, as imaginary friends.







Dogs on the other hand...

My parents have a new dog, a Maltese named Harry. Here he is with Dino (fluffier papillion) and Perry (silkier papillion).

Isn't he just adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment