Cold in the Dose

Why is it, whenever I start to do something, the universe puts me on hold?

I start to record some music, and the computer crashes, needing a complete reinstallation. I start going out with C, and the next day we both have food poisoning, or something like it. I start to adopt a slightly less self-destructive lifestyle, and the next day...a virus ties me to the bed, giving me a head full of cotton wool, a nose full of concrete, and muscles full of treacle. Plus the usual hot and cold flushes, headaches, and joint pains.

I really hate having a cold. As a child it was an opportunity to stay in bed for a few days and read comicbooks. Now it's like having a hangover for a week.

Though I have been rereading comicbooks - Herge's Adventures of Tintin. There are religious nutcases who think the Harry Potter books encourage witchcraft - what would they make of a supernaturally lucky and ageless teenager, living with a sailor and a scientist, traveling the world with his talking dog?

Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. I haven't been able to reply because both my computers are as sick as I am.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your cold goes away rapidly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd tell you to take vitamin C. Sadly, vitamin C won't help you.

    You just need time, hen.

    Mwah!

    ReplyDelete