I have five pieces of backing music composed.
I have some lyrics (of a sort) to go over them.
I have the time and equipment to record and mix them.
(1) Very good at inventing distractions
(2) Dealing with a lot of bureaucratic shit
(3) Suffering from a six-week cold
(4) Thus unable to sing
(5) Far more nerishly excited by the prospect of redesigning my virtual studio for the fifth time in a month than actually using it
(6) Going through my annual period of depression, and
(7) Really, very good at inventing distractions
However, I'm hereby making a solomn promise to my blog that I'll start recording within the next 24 hours.
That's the trouble with having no god to be ashamed in front of, no social circle to be pressured by, and no neurotic need to make my parents proud. The only person pushing me is me.
And I'm not very pushy.