- Staying up till 4am the night before, watching consecutive episodes of "Castle" - even though you're coming to hate all the characters
- Having a cold, a sore throat, and generally feeling a bit meh...when you wake up at midday
- Headphones developing a dry joint and not working -
- Realising the TR808-style drums you made yesterday are a bit rubbish -
- Coming up with a backing track loosely inspired by Depeche Mode's "Just Can't Get Enough"...and then realising you've spent two hours making a bad pastiche of, um, Depeche Mode's "Just Can't Get Enough".
Things that can get in the way of your first day of composing: