It's Oh So Quiet


My ears are full of cooking oil.

There is a perfectly good reason for this. We don't have any eardrops.

Yesterday I was trying to design a sound like the synth-strings at the start of Shine on You Crazy Diamond, but no matter what I did, it sounded muffled and crap.

After an hour I took a break and put on some music. Which also sounded muffled and crap. The little grey cells told me there might be a connection, and after sluicing out my ears with warm water - which turned a notably darker shade - my Crazy Diamonds regained some of their shine.

So with luck tomorrow I'll be able to hear a pin drop on a fur rug in a thunderstorm in Saskatchewan. But in the meantime you'll have to shout.

I said...You'll Have To Shout!

I read in other blogs that the secret to blogging success is to post little but often. Lots of short, snappy articles, and a new one at least every day.

Of course, I read this in blogs that don't have many readers, but maybe I should give it a go. Just not today.

I've had my 12,000th visit. But I don't know who the visitor was.

They were in Brighton in the UK on September 27th. They're running Opera 9.52 under XP with Javascript 1.4, running a monitor with a resolution of 1024x768 and 32-bit colour depth. Their ISP is Easynet, and they were looking for info on the Dillfrog Rhymer - a sadly defunct rhyme-finding tool for songwriters, which I helped design three years ago.

Who were you, mystery man?

Question from a student on Tuesday:

"Teacher, which kind of Christianity is true?


3 comments:

  1. How do you know your mystery man was a man? He might have been a she. Or indeed an elf, come unto this mortal realm for a bit of Brightonesque how's your father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teacher, which kind of Christianity is true?'

    Aw, shit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Lots of short, snappy articles, and a new one at least every day"...

    And lots of cock pics.

    ReplyDelete