Pear Shaped


"Things get worse under pressure."
- Murphy's Law of Thermodynamics

There are things that annoy me. For instance:

* Having to wait two and a half hours for a shag.

* Having to wait outside, at night, in the cold, with nothing to do except walk around the block - and then do it again.

* The bloke, when he eventually turns up, being too stoned to shag.

...and as an extra added bonus:

* Being unable to summon up the energy to be extremely pissed off. Even when he suggests trying again the next night.

Anyway, it should be an eventful weekend. My last weekend in this sodding country for a while.

Saturday - straighten out flight and accommodation arrangement with the school in the morning, meet up with C in the afternoon for retail therapy and tea, and impose upon a comrade for evening meal and night in the pub.

Sunday - packing by day, babysitting in the evening...and a damn good night's sleep in preparation for Monday's fight.

Assuming of course that nothing goes wrong or gets delayed. Not that I'm being pessimistic. Just...experienced and cautious. Which is like pessimistic, but done by older people.

update:

I missed the call from the school because...I overslept - the plan is to try again later.

I missed the meeting with C because...he overslept - the plan is to try again later.

Update:

There has been a ssmmaallll technical hitch at the school. The rooms rented to house teachers have been repossessed. It seems the owners were not scrupulously honest about their tax. The upshot of this is:

* All the furniture, equipment and paperwork there is now being hurridly relocated to the school's office.

* The temporary accommodation of myself and the lady teacher who's just been recruited will be...the office.

* It'll take a few days to kit the office out for 24/7 habitation, so...plans to go out there are being put back for a week. With the absolutely cast-in-stone signed-in-blood assurance that I will fly out on Sunday week. Or possibly Monday.

In other words:

I Am Delayed!

Again!


Gggaaaaahhh!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorrty you're feeling 'Gaaaaaa!' because of the delay, but I'm kinda glad, too. England - in all her crumbling glory - won't be the same without you on her shores.

    Nuff said, then.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I'm sorry I can't seem to type/spell ... AGAIN! sorrty? What on earth ...?

    Gaaaaaaa!

    C

    ReplyDelete