The Price of Everything


I'm still here, just rather too busy with things that have nothing to do with music, writing, reading, sex, politics, or any of the other things that might be worth blogging about.

Or, as a wise woman once said, "I'm in the middle of 15 things, all of them annoying".

Minge texted on Sunday to say he'd arrived in Portsmouth and to ask if I was free, then communication ceased and his phone didn't ring. Hmmm.

We are blessed with four railway stations in a ten mile radius, and I didn't know which (if any) he was at. Still, I got a good brisk walk out of checking two of them. Maybe next time.

We are also blessed with a local rail system that mostly isn't working at the moment. Repair work was due to be finished by the new year, then by March, then tenatively by September, and now maybe by Christmas. If we're lucky.

Seeing as (it seems) half the roads are being frantically dug up and resurfaced all at once, and that includes one of the three main roads into and out of the city...we're just a bit isolated and congested at the moment.

MJ says she enjoys gay cruising tips and stories whenever I post them. So I suppose I'd better start cruising again. Ah, the things I do for my public.


My blog is worth $3,951.78.
How much is your blog worth?



So I'm worth $3,951.78. Which is about 7500 English pounds sterling. By my reckoning that's:

* One sixth of a one bedroom house around here.
* Two and a half part time MA degrees.
* 375 of the cheapest prostitutes.
* 37 entry level PCs.
* 50 mobile phones that also play mp3s.
* 13 and a half weeks in the Cairo Hilton.

Anyway, enough of this frippery. And not just frippery, but folderol, foolishness and faffing about. I have just decided to promise that my next post will be a short story of some kind. I've got absolutely no idea what it'll be about, but I've just given myself a little deadline pressure to aid focusing.

Even though I haven't said when the deadline is.

5 comments:

  1. I always thought Maths was was of your strong suits. Unfortunately you're going to have to re-calculate your worth ... because you've gone the wrong way with the exchange rate.

    Though the US would love $4,000 to be worth £8000 - it's not. $4,000 dollars is worth £2,000.

    All approx, natch (approximately, naturally)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...bugger. The simplest mistakes are always the most embarrassing.

    So I can only afford one twelfth of a new place to live. Somehow, this is not twice as bad as only being able to afford one sixth.

    Both are good reasons for living with parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So? Did you get out last night?

    *waits impatiently*

    ReplyDelete
  4. For my birthday I got: A box of white chocolate Truffles (Mmmmm!), 'Tommy' on DVD (possibly Mmmmm! if my memory hasn't failed me), and, best of all, a Kapitano version of one of my songs.

    'tis brilliant! Thank you soooo much, mon ami. Saying 'you rock' is semantically wrong (though you do). Anyway, with love, you HOUSE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Both are good reasons for living with parents. "

    It's not easy to find the good side of living with parents.

    ReplyDelete