A small personal landmark that went past unnoticed. My tenth blogiversary - at around 10pm on August 22nd, I'd been writing here for years in double digits.
Ten years ago....
- I was dealing with the end of a hopeless relationship by getting pointlessly drunk and having lots of meaningless sex.
This last weekend I got drunk with some old friends and afterwards decided to re-visit an old cruising ground, just to see if it still worked for me after all these years.
And I had pleasantly meaningless sex with three strangers. One of who I kind-of almost fell for - we swapped phone numbers, but any thought of a relationship is, um, hopeless. Which is fortunate, because I only feel romantic when I'm drunk.
That at least is different now.
- I was teaching myself to sing, and trying to record some songs. But constantly getting sidetracked by technical issues.
Today, having promised myself I'd start work on some music, I hit upon a way to synthesise a strummed guitar instead. And spent the day working on that.
- I'd just finished a contract with an idiot employer.
- I was running around with a band of socialists, despite severe misgivings about their theories, strategies, and indeed aims.
Now, most of my non-net friends are disenchanted socialists.
- I had vague ideas about being a science fiction writer.
I have vague ideas about being a horror writer.
- I was back living with my parents.
Yes. But they don't seem to mind so much this time.
- I couldn't figure out a snappy way to end a blogpost.