100 Things about Kapitano, Part 2: Love


6) I've been deeply in love just once, with a brilliant guy who was too ashamed and closeted to say yes. A year later he found the man of his dreams. Don't you just hate it when that happens?

I hooked up with two guys on the rebound. The first said he wanted a bit of fun with no strings, but what he actually wanted was a longterm monogamous relationship.

The second jumped eagerly into a relationship, then changed his mind but didn't know how to say he'd done it. We were both on the rebound, which is a particularly bad formula for happiness.


7) When you've been deeply, totally in love, I don't think you ever fall completely out of it. Unless of course it turns to hate, but I've never experienced that.

What is it about straight couples, when they split up, they seem determined to spend the next year vocally hating each other? Especially married couples.

Heterosexuals are weird. I'd never be one.


8) Sometimes the best way to find someone as a friend is to lose them as a lover. The reverse seems not to hold.

That happened with second rebound fellow - a good friend and quite wise. I keep meaning to visit him again, in his new home with his new boyfriend.


9) On two occasions, I've told someone I loved them because they said they loved me and I didn't want to disappoint them. The results were painful.

You'd think, after the first time, I'd know not to do it. Especially as the first time ended in bankruptcy, lots of shouting, and bits of flying glass.


10) I think it's very easy to live without the love of a life partner, and impossible to live without the love of close friends.

Why do people find it hard to believe I'm happy being single? Sometimes a fondness for stringless sex is not a search for true love in disguise.


No comments:

Post a Comment