Night Life


Notes on Friday night:

* Do not mix vodka with blackcurrant juice. The result tastes something like prune juice, something aniseed, and quite a lot like something I never ever want to taste again. Ever.

* Do not attempt to speed dry your laundry after drinking three quarters of a litre of vodka with orange juice. Placing a heater next to your sopping wet jeans and lying down just to rest your eyes for a minute is a good way to wake up wondering vaguely why you can smell burning.

* The smell of charred denim tends to hang around.

* Alcohol makes me hungry. I'm not sure how many boiled eggs I've eaten in the last thirty six hours - it's somewhere between four and eight.

* Plots of CSI: Miami don't actually make a whole lot of sense. Even if you watch four in a row.

* Songs by Electric Six make even less sense, but that's okay because they don't pretend to be serious.

I can't read my email. Yahoo seem to be having problems in that area.

Notes on Saturday night:

Something must have happened on Satuday, but I have absolutely no recollection of it. So either I was kidnapped by aliens, subjected to intensive anal probing, taken to alpha centuri, shown the wonders of the cosmos, married to Prince Varglovile of the Xerokovax Federation, given a message of peace to bring back to all mankind, given another anal probing just to make sure, and then accidentally had my memory wiped when someone pressed the wrong button on the way back...or it was a particularly boring day.

The email's back. Spam.

Notes on Sunday night:

Did you know there are (so far) six films in the Highlander series? The first was an instant classic, the second was rubbish, the third was a stinking pile of crap...and after that they started getting really bad.

However, thanks to the internet, I now have the chance to watch the fifth film, "The Source". Or I could go for the three (or was it four) films loosely based on Knight Rider. Or there's the two Universal Soldier movies, the remake of The Wicker Man, the second remake of I Am Legend, or the "Alien vs Predator" films.

Some say the internet gives us access to an unprecedented variety of information and entertainment. And in a certain horrible sense, that's absolutely true.

1 comment:

  1. Don't drink Vodka ... that way lies ruin. Write flash, instead. Or a novel, if you'd rather.

    Alien vs Predator was actually, for a 'we have a potential to make a shed load of money', quite good, I thought.

    CSI in any flavour is annoyingly watchable.

    Too much TV!

    C

    ReplyDelete