Deep Throat


I spent a large portion of today biting a pillow and trying not to make a lot of noise.

It's to give me gravel, you see.

I was trying to record a little rap, but I wanted gravelly vocals. And the way to get a growly gravelly voice is to hurt the vocal cords. And the way to do that is to shout quite a lot. Either that or smoke three packs of cigarettes a day for twenty years, but I'm told that's got side effects. But anyway, I didn't want to make a lot of noise, so I tried shouting into the pillow.

You see? There's a perfectly sensible explanation.

Unfortunately it didn't work very well, and after quite a lot of throat abuse I wasn't notably guttural. So instead I've gone for "telephone vocals" - where the vocalist really can phone in their performance.

Tomorrow it's the hymn. So I go from pillowbiter to choirboy. Such a varied life I lead.

4 comments:

  1. Pillow biter and choirboy? You certainly are spending a lot of time on your knees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I currently have a cold that is making me sound very deep-voiced and hoarse. Would you like me to come and breathe on you? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. While you're on your knees would you mind scrubbing my floors?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Eroswings: Pillow biter and choirboy? You certainly are spending a lot of time on your knees.

    It's my most endearing feature.

    Well, it's my only endearing feature.

    Well, I say endearing....



    @Aethelread: I currently have a cold that is making me sound very deep-voiced and hoarse. Would you like me to come and breathe on you? ;o)

    Thanks, but I've got a cold of my own. Though it's freezing cold so if you'd like to breathe on me to warm me up....



    @MJ: While you're on your knees would you mind scrubbing my floors?

    Do I look like some old scrubber?!

    ReplyDelete