Welcome to a new feature on Le Blogge Kapitaneau, one which may or may not last beyond the first installment: Facepalm Friday.
This is simply where I post five of the stupidest things I've read on the net recently. Conspiracy nuts, psychocons, hatepreachers, famous people inadvisedly sounding off, and ordinary dumb folk with extraordinarily dumb opinions.
1) Why do politicians think a small amount of power turns them into experts? Why do pop stars think a hit single turns them into opinion formers? And why do sports commentators get addicted to the microphone?
David Icke tried to save the planet from pollution - before trying to save it from shapeshifting alien lizards. Keith Olbermann was the voice of baseball for years, before becoming the voice of outraged liberals, sir. And Reggie White thought bobbing and weaving was the way to score a goal off the field.
"I'm offended that homosexuals will say that homosexuals deserve rights. Any man in America deserves rights, but homosexuals are trying to compare their plight with the plight of black men or black people. In the process of history, homosexuals have never been castrated, millions of them never died. Homosexuality is a decision."
- Reggie White (Footballer and Commentator)
2) Movie critics have the same delusion.
"Hollywood has declared war on America...This is the only way the terrorists know they can win. This is the only way Hollywood knows America can lose. And so they have joined forces."
"Dirty Harry" (Film reviewer)
3) There are those who reject evolutionary theory without understanding it, but there are also those who accept it without understanding it.
"Men are naturally more altruistic than women, period! It's evolutionary."
- UnderseaCaveman (on youtube)
4) Glurge! Bigotry makes you sick. So they coat it with so much sugar they think you won't notice. But that much sugar makes you sick anyway.
"A little boy asked his mother, "Why are you crying?"
"Because I'm a woman," she told him.
"I don't understand," he said.
His Mom just hugged him and said, "And you never will.""
- Inspiring story on PositiveThoughts.com, about "Why Do Women Cry?"
5) Glenn Beck wants us to know what he thinks - about everything. He does standup comedy, shockjock radio, shockjock TV, interviews, columns and books, just so we can know all his opinions. So it's no surprise the nonstop twitterer is on Twitter too.
"I like fish"
"I’ve been thinking about it more, so I wanted to clarify. I don’t LOVE fish, I just like it."
"we're all going to die. Soon."
- Glenn Beck on Twitter